Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the acknowledgements. The posing thing is all about timing, patience, and knowing what you want before it happens. Those shots take a lot thought, timing, and the biggest part of them is that you really have to be out in the field as much as possible, or can't possibly catch this kind of action.

Keep in mind these shots are once in a life time. The odds of me getting shots like this again are very slim. Its just I was ready for the opportunity when it presented itself. I'm a hunter, i've been around grizzlies a lot and when she started looken over those sheep, I know that I had better move into a position to shoot through the sheep and catch the bear sizing up the situation.

Some would say I got lucky, not me, I call spending the last 5 years looking for these shots, and then being ready when they show up.

How it ended was that grizz chased those sheep all over the mtn. As soon has she got a little closer, and started acting like she wanted to own the hill, i got out of her way. She has a new cub and she was acting very protective of it. I did not want to give her a reason to chase me, so I moved off as soon as she "locked-on" to that sheep in the second photo. . .

I shot around 1000 frames in about two hours, but only got a hand full where the sheep and bear were intereacting so to speak. I had to hustle to get in to position, and when I got there, things moved very fast.

Before these shots, the bear took a nap with her cub for about an hour while I sat, hunkerd down in the frezzing cold, 35mp wind for about an hour (I managed to get some cool shots of her sleeping too - I know, blown highllights, but sometimes you have to expose for the subject and NOT the highlights) . . . All in all, i think I got maybe 25-30 REAL keepers, in 13 hours of shooting and hiking. . . I almost thought it was going to be a wasted day. . . LOL Boy was I wrong! It was kind of hard to go back to photographing the same ol thing after that experence!

By the way what do you mean by exif data, I dont know how to check and but I can tell you what I was shooting and most of the settings from off the top of my head. What do you want to know?

Attached Files