Hey DeeDee,

Very nice shots indeed. I think I most enjoy the solo pet photographs - but that is a bias of mine. I think that I saw some color issues with the humans though. For example, in the first set with the cattle dog, the owner looks a bit on the purple side to me. I see the same issue in the photographs with the Goldie and with Luckie the Dog (in a slightly lesser amount).

Some things to look our for when posing humans - watch the hands. While it is very natural to want to put your hands around the dog, there are times when an arm just looks like a meat hook (pardon the similie). The shots where you see the flat of the woman's hand are much better, in my opinion.

Some shots I really liked:
In the Corgi Section - #18. REALLY CUTE. You did a very nice job framing the two guys.

In the Goldie Section -#6 with the Goldie on top of the owner...AWESOME shot. Very creative composition.

In the Newfoundland Section - pretty much all of them, LOL. What an awesome subject. #s 2, 4, and 12 are definitely at the top of my list. Make sure you keep the counter for the natural rotation that folks tend to have (for example, I generally have to rotate everything about 2 degrees when I shoot hand-held).

The Terv - Wow - what a beautiful dog. #3 and 5 are my favorite. You did a great job capturing the shadow tones on this guy shooting against a dark background. Well done.

Thanks for sharing - really well done! I hope that I do half as well in my shoot tomorrow (it will be my first pet portrait in weeks).

James