Hi Jim,

This sort of thing really frustrates me. It is very much the same thing as when a couple scans images from their proof book from a wedding...I don't know how often it happens, but I am sure that it happens all the time. I have gone out of my way, as part of my service, to make things friendly and not write the word 'proof' throughout the images, but I also know that I have gotten hammered in the process. As I mentioned earlier, after-sales at weddings has dropped significantly.

From a larger view, you cannot stop the human nature to be greedy. I think that it is asking to much. However, you can limit your exposure to this sort of thing. I think that on-line proofing, as you mentioned, is a very effective way of doing this.

However, the issue - to me - is the idea that you have to divert the way you do business because you cannot trust major players that you deal with on a regular basis (if I am seeing this correctly). It is not like petty shop lifting at a store, but a small family of people whom you cannot trust. That is sad to me.

James