Quote:

Marta,
what a great thing to do with the puppies! Rowdy's breeder did the same thing with his litter -- brought them to a local convalescent home when they were puppies -- and I'm sure that's why Rowdy enjoys the Therapy work so much.

If they can bring joy to people for their entire lives, they will have made a tremendous contribution regardless of how they do as show or field dogs. We're going to start Sundance's Therapy training next week and hope to bring both him and his grandfather, Rowdy, to a long-term care facility that's close to where we live. Sundance loves to cuddle so I think it will be really good both for him and for people's image of Rotties.

Great work, Marta. I continue to be impressed.

Jim

Hi Jim~
It was really fun! The pups did super well! (ok, tired pups, but...)
I hope the hospitals down here in C. Springs, develop or are open to a pet therapy program, in the same way that The Children's hospital does. We always had a good time visiting the kids, as well as the seniors~!
Here is a shot from yesterday. The stud owner came out to see who she would be taking, and brought some birds with her. They were ALL excited about the birds! But, of course, my favorie, Wimpy, she just lead the pack. Enough so, that Karen, decided she would be the one. Which is sad, but not, as I will co own her, take her in the conformation ring, while Karen does everything else with her on the "tail end".. So, now I look to the boys, and who will be the "one"!