Quote:

George,

About 50 percent of the originals were cropped. I couldn't fill the frame with the bug but did get as close as my focus would allow.
Here's my workflow:
I shoot only in Raw. I import all my photos via card reader into Lightroom which I use primarily for organizing. In Lightroom my photos are organized by location and Date shot. I use the loop view with magnifying to pick out those photos I think are worth a second look by marking them with 4 stars. Then I filter the directory to only look at 4 star photos. Out of them I pick out a few photos which I then import a copy into Photoshop CS2(CS3 is on order). In photoshop I do mostly cropping,curves,Unsharp mask-which I like better than smart mask, and printing on my Epson 2400.
I use Moab paper which I have IC profiles for my printer and my monitor is calibrated.
To get a photo ready for the web I need to "dumb" it down. I convert it to 8 bit, then convert from native .psd format to sRGB. I then use Image Ready(which in PS is linked via the Save image for Web tab) and reduce the size to 25-30 percent. Then I save it and import it into my photosharing site.Image Ready strips out the EXIF data.

Joe,

Thanks for the info. It's a shame that ImageReady strips the EXIF. I spent about 5 min with PS trying to find a way to save the EXIF but it looks like Adobe doesn't think the EXIF needs to be saved for the web. What were they thinking?

Thanks again and great images.

George