Thanks, James.

I am currently using Aperture to do my quick processing. My basic changes to the shot out of the camera involve the following:

1. Adjust exposure, as necessary
2. Tweak Contrast (I shoot with low contrast to reduce blown highlights)(This also cleans up black point)
2a. Open up the shadows a little, as necessary.
3. Adjust brightness (tweak against contrast)
4. Add a little saturation
5. Adjust sharpness (unsharp mask)

Finally, in transition to the Web, I change the file from Adobe RGB to Nikon sRGB.

None of the shots were touched by Photoshop...that gets done as I start to get serious. Aperture works very fast and well in getting the above done.

For your purposes and to bring out the color, I would suggest working contrast, saturation, and shadow. The light last week in Yellowstone tended to be flat so that should help.

I really enjoyed your Great Moose in the rain, by the way!

We were on our way South at that point, headed back to San Diego. Highway 89 South was full of color and my photos were taken in snow and rain on that leg of our trip.

Regards,

Paul

Quote:

Hi Paul,

Very nice work - your compositions are excellent. You did a great job processing the shots as well. Some of my colors look a bit duller - and I am curious what I will need to do to bring them out.

Cheers
James