Re: Grateful Greys
[Re: James Morrissey]
#5349
09/20/06 05:03 PM
09/20/06 05:03 PM
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Long Island, NY
Chris_A
OP
Journeyman
|
OP
Journeyman
Joined: Jun 2005
Long Island, NY
|
Julie, I enjoyed quite a bit of angst in deciding what color to setup for this, and was really happy to see the combo worked. I almost went with red...!
James, there's nothing more rewarding than seeing the big-hearted rescue endorsers love the heck out of their dogs...really a good time, and a great way to spend time.
-Chris
|
|
|
Re: Grateful Greys
[Re: James Morrissey]
#5351
09/21/06 07:05 AM
09/21/06 07:05 AM
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Long Island, NY
Chris_A
OP
Journeyman
|
OP
Journeyman
Joined: Jun 2005
Long Island, NY
|
James, yup - Speedlights. Up to four of them, depending - most show three - one as key in a small softbox, one as fill in an umbrella, and one, the backlight, on a small tripod on the ground behind the dog to the left, angled to spray light across the backdrop with the wide-angle diffuser down. If I face the little IR sensor on the Speedlight towards the camera position, even in broad daylight, such as this (I'm under a pavillion), they fire fine.
Sometimes, I'll have a fourth as a rim light (need to use a gobo (bo-between) to keep flare from occuring in the lens, and sometimes I'll put one in a small softbox directly over the subject as well.
-Chris
|
|
|
|
|
0 registered members (),
390
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums6
Topics641
Posts1,031
Members3,319
| |
Most Online7,966 May 21st, 2026
|
|
|